// written by : sierra williams //
//business email: yungapparelblog@gmail.com//

Saturday 26 April 2014

// On The Go Makeup Bag //



Hey babes

So this is just gonna be a mini post, but I thought it might be a little helpful. 

I always have a makeup bag with me in my bag, no matter where I'm going; packed with anything I think I might need in the day (sometimes I over pack but whateves). 

THE BAG


Makeup Bag: Forever 21 

I have this bag in both sizes, I had the small version for a while and decided to upgrade to the bigger so I could carry more makeup around that I probably don't need

WHAT'S INSIDE 


I'm going to divide the contents of my makeup bag by the practical things and the fun makeup bits.

THE PRACTICAL BITS



1. I ALWAYS have a mirror in my makeup bag. It's so helpful to do touch-ups after gym or just after a long day at school. I prefer using a separate mirror rather than using a mirror that comes in a powder compact or something along those lines.

Mirror: Forever 21 

2. Lip balm is something that I must have with me 24/7. I have dry skin overall, therefore my lips get dry easily and often. Carmex is my favourite because it works quickly! It may not be the cutest looking lip balm on the market but it works like a charm. 

Carmex: Drugstores 

3. I travel on the subways multiple times a day so this bottle of purell handsanitizer

Purell: Drugstores 

4. As I mentioned before, I have really dry skin, so I have to carry a light lotion around just incase a dry spot appears on my face during the day; i'll even use this on my body if I need it.

Bioderma Skincare Line: Shoppers Drugmart 

5. My nails are pretty brittle and weak, so during my days at school I often break nails or get hang nails so it's handy to have a nail file around. I love this one by O.P.I because it is so big and has lasted forever.

Nail File: Trade Secrets 

THE MAKEUP BITS




1. My signature makeup look is definitely a sharp winged liner look. I achieve this with Sephora's "Long Lasting Eyeliner w/ Precision Brush". This brush is so tiny (which I don't recommend for winged liner beginners), but if you have the hang of it, I highly recommend it to get that sharp winged look. It also dries matte so it photographs really nicely.

Liqud Liner: Sephora 

2.I lOVE a bright pink blush look for my everyday makeup! I have a couple favourite blushes it doesn't stay the same every day. Pictured above, I just put NARS orgasm because I know it is a world wide favourite. 

Blush: NARS counters or Sephora 

3. This is my favourite face makeup brush right now. I basically love any flat top kabuki brush. I can use it for foundation, powder and blush. (When switching colour I just try to sweep the previous colour off as much as possible or I wash it with daily brush shampoo.

Brush: Elf Cosmetics 

4. For spring I have been rocking the classic pink lip. I don't have one specific favourite pink lip more like I have 5 favourite but pictured above is one of them. It is MAC Syrup! This is such a good lip product overall; you can use it on its own or because it has a glossy lustre finish you can put it onto of a lipstick or liner as a gloss. 

Lipstick: MAC 

5. This is such a good translucent powder! It's the definition of a luxury product,pricy, but soooooo worth it. Bless Marc Jacobs for bringing it on the market. It leaves your face looking smooth and airbrushed and your makeup doesn't budge once you apply it on top. I also love the fact that it is a translucent powder because you can use it on any skin tone. 

Marc Jacobs Translucent Powder: Sephora 

6. This mascara by MAC is hands down THE BEST MASCARA I HAVE EVER USED. I used to hate mascara and rarely wore it, but after using this I won't go out without it on. It's that good! Not only is the brush good, but the actual mascara formula is too. It's lightweight and whipped making it easy to coat all of the lashes, leaving them black and shiny. 

Mascara: MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash 

7. I must have some sort of perfume with my throughout the day. I often re-apply m scents through the day just because I am paranoid of not smelling good. I also have gym every other day so a perfume comes in handy. This one is a scent I think everyone will enjoy because it smells like light,fresh soap after a shower. I also am in love with my Viva La Juicy Roller Ball 

Perfume: Victoria's Secret Pink Fresh & Clean Perfume

That's it for now guys be sure to comment below what your must have makeup bag products are I would love to hear all about them. Also be sure to follow me on my bloglovin to stay updated on all my upcoming blog posts. 

Kisses for you all.





No comments:

Post a Comment