// written by : sierra williams //
//business email: yungapparelblog@gmail.com//

Sunday 25 May 2014

Monthly Music Picks // May


Hey babes

First of all how is it almost June?!?! We are literally almost halfway through 2014, CRAZY! 
Anyway, its favourites time again so I thought I would show you guys what I have been playing all month long. I will provide you guys with my album faves and then a playlist put together by yours truly for your listening convenience. 
You're Welcome ;)

ALBUMS

Illmatic: Nas

This album is the definition of true OG hip hop; the true landmark of East Coast hip hop. If you are a fan of hip hop and haven't yet got into the real old good stuff, I recommend starting with this album. It's a good classic listen from beginning to end. The lyrics contain layered rhythms that will blow your mind. It is also the 20 anniversary of the album, so this legendary music has been around longer then me.

Album Faves
Halftime 
Life's A Bitch 
Represent
The World Is Yours
Memory Lane (Sittin' In Da Park)

10/10 

ATLeins: Outcast

Another true old school hip hop album that is worth the listen. This is the second studio album by the duo, which was released in 1996. This album was inspired by outer space, which you can automatically tell from the cover art. It includes sound elements of reggae, dub and even gospel. This is the stuff that outcast should be known for!!!

ALBUM FAVES 
Two Dope Boyz (In a Cadillac) 
Wheelz Of Steel 
Wallin' 
Mainstream
Jazzy Belle

9/10

Acid Rap: Chance The Rapper

I will admit when Chance first hit the scene I didn't give him a chance (oh what a pun) but it's been a year since acid rap has took the game by storm and I will say I have been bumping it through all month long. 

ALBUM FAVES
NaNa 
Juice
Pusha Man
Chain Smoker
Favorite Song

8/10


Wind Fish EP: Lindsay Lowend 

I discovered a song by this artist in my favourite blogger's (Pastel Apparel) new video, and man was I blown away! I first heard the song GT40 and immediately had to hit up every other song. It consists of the best beats done in the game right now and catchy beat drop phrases like "got them hoes in the kitchen". I play the album when studying or getting ready cause it hypes me up so much.

I'll link the soundcloud you can listen to everything


ALBUM FAVES
GT40
Wind Fish
Sass Mouth 

7/10

Playlist 


Songlist 

1. NaNa (ft. Action Bronson) - Chance The Rapper
2. Life's A Bitch - Nas
3. Believe Me (ft. Drake) - Lil Wayne
4. That's That Shit (ft R.Kelly) - Snoop Dogg
5. ATLeins - Outkast
6. 2on / Thotful -  Ob O'brien & Drake
7. Shabba (Remix) - A$AP Ferg
8. Aint Worried Bout Nothin (Remix)- French Montana & Miley Cyrus
9. Halftime- Nas
10. Flexin & Finessin - Iggy Azalea
11. The Mashup - Girls United
12. Goddess - Iggy Azalea 
13. Goodness Gracious - Ellie Goulding 
14. Bet Cypher 2013: A$AP Rocky, A$AP Ant, A$AP Ferg 
A$AP Nast & A@AP Twelvyy
15. Paranoid- Kanye West
16.Paranoid- Ty Dolla Sign 
17. Work (Remix) - A$AP Ferg 

That's all for now guys, be sure to let me now what you think of the mix and comment what your favourite music artists and songs are i'll be happy to read them!

Be sure to follow me on bloglovin to be updated on all of my posts and be sure to all of my social media links below

Instagram: Sierraldw
Twitter: Sierraldw
8tracks: yungapparel
Tumblr: yungrebels.tumblr.com

Until Next Time
Stay Cute
Kisses for you all



No comments:

Post a Comment